Monday, August 26, 2013

Classes

Today I registered for my Peruvian classes and I could not be more ecstatic. I am enrolled in two IFSA-Butler classes (Peruvian Social Reality and Spanish) along with two other PUCP classes--all four are taught in Spanish. I spent last week shadowing classes and today registered for Urban Anthropology and Ethnic Minorities and Ethnicity. I am going to spend the next four months learning about Peruvian culture, honing my spanish, learning about afroperuanos, and studying the distinct cultures of Lima.

Although I am excited about the subject matter, I am also a little bit anxious about the language barrier. Though I haven't had too much trouble so far, the hundreds of pages of reading are a bit daunting. I have already made a few Peruvian friends so hopefully study groups are going to be super helpful.

Overall, I love my classes and I love my teachers. I just need to keep reminding myself how much these classes will help my Spanish improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment